Software Engineer - Android
Full-Time, Bengaluru, India
Our mission is to make roads safer for everyone, everywhere. We provide video telematics solutions that make commercial vehicle fleets safer and more efficient using AI on the edge and video analytics. Using extremely efficient neural net inference algorithms and affordable hardware, LightMetrics makes the benefits of AI on the edge and in-cab coaching for drivers more accessible to fleets globally. Video on-demand for driver exoneration helps fleet managers protect their drivers and the business from fraudulent claims. In-cab coaching for risky driving behaviors makes drivers more self-aware and driver coaching workflows help fleet managers make the fleet safer over time.
LightMetrics is regularly featured as one of the top companies in the video telematics industry by industry experts and analysts. Recently, Sequoia Capital invested in LightMetrics backing it to build preeminent video telematics platform for the world. Frost and Sullivan has recognized LightMetrics for its innovation in the video telematics space. We are rapidly growing with marquee clients in the automotive ecosystem on our platform and are looking for motivated people to join us and help power the next phase of our growth.
LightMetrics has offices in Bangalore, India and in Los Angeles, CA. LightMetrics is a remote friendly company.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented and experienced Software Engineer with 2 to 4 years’ experience for developing our Android application that is an integral part of our RideView platform - relied upon by thousands of fleets all over the world. This is a consumer-facing application built for Android Smartphones and Tablets.
● Experience in developing advanced Android applications, preferably using Kotlin.
● Experience in translating designs and wireframes into well-structured and efficient code following Material design guidelines.
● Strong knowledge of Android platform architecture and application components.
● Working knowledge in using remote data via REST APIs and JSON.
● Working knowledge in integrating third party libraries and APIs.
● Ability to ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of Android applications.
● Knowledge of code versioning tools, such as Git.
● Familiarity with unit testing.
● Experience in Media processing on Android is a plus.
● Good knowledge of OS concepts like multithreading, data-structures and algorithms is a plus.
Ability to work independently, critical thinking, clear communication, passion for learning new things and being a strong team player are all must-haves.
In this role you will be working with internal stakeholders to enhance the RideViewTM platform, as well as responding to requests from designers, developers and testers in an agile manner.
Benefits and Perks:
● Joining a startup that is growing relatively early, there is an insanely high potential for growth – with great talent all around you.
● Compensation that is best in the industry and commensurate with your experience and skills.
● Flexible hours and friendly atmosphere with great work culture.
● Up-skilling allowance for self-development.
● Centrally located office in Bangalore in a great neighborhood with lovely restaurants, great pubs and having access through metro.
Qualified candidates from all walks of life are welcome to apply – LightMetrics strongly believes diversity helps ideas thrive and the company to succeed.
Even if you do not check all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you – we really want someone who is excited to join the team over checking all the boxes!
Please drop an email to email@example.com with your resume.
Job Reference #1017, Posted on August 1, 2023