Senior Software Engineer – Machine Learning
Full-Time, Bengaluru, India
Designation/Role: Senior Software Engineer – Machine Learning
Our mission is to make roads safer for everyone, everywhere. We provide video telematics solutions that make commercial vehicle fleets safer and more efficient using AI on the edge and video analytics. Using extremely efficient neural net inference algorithms and affordable hardware, LightMetrics makes the benefits of AI on the edge and in-cab coaching for drivers more accessible to fleets globally. Video on-demand for driver exoneration helps fleet managers protect their drivers and the business from fraudulent claims. In-cab coaching for risky driving behaviours makes drivers more self-aware and driver coaching workflows help fleet managers make the fleet safer over time.
LightMetrics is well known globally being featured by all industry analysts as one of the top players in this industry. Frost and Sullivan recently recognized LightMetrics for its innovation in the video telematics space. We are rapidly growing with marquee clients in the automotive ecosystem on our platform and are looking for motivated people to join us and help power the next phase of our growth.
LightMetrics has offices in Bangalore, India and in Los Angeles, CA. LightMetrics is a remote friendly company with a permanent work from home policy that needs people to come in only once a quarter.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced senior Computer Vision expert with a minimum experience of 5 years to contribute towards building and enhancing functionality in our product
- This position needs strong experience in machine learning, computer vision and image processing
- Good programming skills is a pre-requisite
- You will be responsible for JD-Computer vision @ LightMetrics 2 developing algorithms that enhance LM products and help improve existing algorithms. As far as AI on the edge goes, this is as good as it gets.
- In this role, you need to be thorough, with a keen eye for detail and show a lot of persistence since you will be tackling some really hard problems in applied machine learning. If you have prior experience of developing algorithms, or have shipped products/services with a computer vision component in them, we’d like to meet you.
- Your job responsibility ultimately involves designing and developing features that solve our customers’ problems, guiding other team members and take ownership of the product stack.
This role would also entail planning at the product level and guiding other team members. If you exhibit strong ownership and can actively contribute to the technical thought process of the team then you can expect a transition to a technical leadership role in the team pretty soon.
Benefits and Perks:
Benefits and Perks:
- As the first dedicated PM hire for web and mobile app, there is an insanely high potential for growth – with great talent all around you in a company that is growing fast
- Compensation that is best in the industry and commensurate with your experience and skills
- Equity in a company that is very strong on fundamentals and set for big growth
- Remote friendly – can work from home, need to come to office once a quarter or on exceptional need
- Flexible hours and friendly atmosphere with great work culture
- Work from home allowance for setting up a home office
- Up-skilling allowance for self-development
- Centrally located office in Bangalore in a great neighborhood with lovely restaurants, great pubs and having access through metro
Qualified candidates from all walks of life are welcome to apply – LightMetrics strongly believes diversity helps ideas thrive and the company to succeed.
Even if you do not check all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you – we really want someone who is excited to join the team over checking all the boxes!
Please drop an email to email@example.com with your resume.
Job Reference #1006, Posted on March 2, 2022